Call for Board Members
Residents of Guelph are invited to express their interest in joining the Guelph Community Health Centre Board of Directors.
Guelph CHC has a vision to be a valued leader in a community that supports those with barriers to health and wellbeing. We are looking for individuals who share our vision of a healthy community and who have the ability to participate in the strategic planning and leadership of Guelph CHC. We are specifically seeking individuals with one or more of the following skills: financial management, legal experience, or community leadership. Previous board or committee experience would be an asset.
Board members are appointed for a three year term. You will be required to attend an orientation session. Opportunities for governance education are offered.
Interested candidates should submit a completed application and cover letter by to email@example.com or fax to (519) 821-6148, Attn: Executive Assistant
Cold Weather Emergency Shelter and Food info
Check our guide for local shelters and food providers here or call Torchlight Emergency Shelter Resource line at 519-767-6594. Toll free at 1-888-821-3760
Have you heard about our Warm Connections program?
Every Wednesday at the Guelph CHC Downtown you're invited to our Lower Level, Atrium on Wednesdays from 10am -12 noon.
• An opportunity to relax with a coffee or tea and light snack
• Access to hot showers
• The chance to visit the ID Clinic if you are missing any of your identification
• Connection with a member of our SOS Team (Specialized Outreach Services)
• Access our Winter Survival Kits, Winter Boots and Running Shoes, while available.
Come out of the cold for some warmth and connection!!
March Break at the Guelph CHC
Because many of our programs run in schools there are some cancellations for March Break.
- All Yoga and Zumba programs at Brant and Two Rivers are cancelled for March Break.
- Knitting Circle will continue at Two Rivers on Wednesdays.
- Westwood Breastfeeding Cafe is cancelled for March Break only. Breastfeeding Cafes at the East Side Library on Monday and Downtown on Wednesday run as usual.
- The Early Years Centre will have reduced drop-in hours during March Break for both the Stone Road Mall and Downtown sites. Programs at all other locations will be cancelled.
Click here to find Ontario Early Years closures and cancellations.
We are committed to ...
working with our community to provide access to health programs and services and create opportunities for people to improve their well-being
We believe that...
Health is a resource for life and that many things - education, housing, social status, gender, access to health services, our sense of being included or excluded from society, employment and others - impact on our health. Health isn’t just about not being sick it is about being able to make choices and live with them. It’s about having a voice in our community, it’s about being able to hope and help your kids hope.