Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph in motion
What is Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph (WDG) in motion?
WDG in motion is a community partnership working to improve the health of our region by encouraging 30 minutes of daily physical activity for all residents. Our mission is to create a culture of physical activity in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph.
Guelph in motion's goal is to support the vision and mission of the WDG in motion strategy by creating supportive environment, reducing barriers to physical activity and building momentum towards individual, organizational and community adoption of physical activity focused practices. We focus on creating partnerships, implementing targeted strategies, marketing and data collection
We are mobilizing people in our region to become more physically active by:
Building awareness about local physical activity opportunities and the benefits of being active
- Reducing barriers to physical activity in our communities
- Identifying the creative use of leisure facilities, parks and open spaces to support broader participation
- Utilizing community events to celebrate and encourage physical activity
- Stimulating community dialogue and action to enhance physical activity opportunities
- Inspiring and engaging local schools in physical activity opportunities for children and youth.