It is important for breastfeeding mothers and their families to have easy access to support and information on breastfeeding.
Our lactation consultant can address questions or concerns about breastfeeding including:
- preparing to breastfeed and the benefits of breastfeeding
- how to breastfeed including positioning, latching, patterns and norms
- any challenges to breastfeeding including mother or infant health issues
- breastfeeding while employed or attending school
- methods of expressing, storing and transporting breast milk
- breastfeeding older babies and toddlers including tandem feeding and weaning
Cultural interpretation services are available on request.
Our lactation consultant is available by appointment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Consultations are held downtown at 176 Wyndham Street North.